2.10.2008

Birthday Dino Dig


For Robbie's Third Birthday...we had a Dinosaur Party. Here are the party details:

Invitation: The Dinosaur Egg! I put "breaking news" on the envelope.


Decoration: Green Table Cloths, streamers, and ANYTHING dinosaur (small pvc dinos, books, puzzles, etc)



I found this dinosaur sculpture at Pottery Barn Kids...it was a little tough to build, but it was big, so it added to the room!



These Dino Biters were part of the favors...but started out as a great decoration! (oriental trading company!)


I renamed each of the kids, on the invitations, name tags and favors: saurus, ceratops, dactyl & raptor at the end of each of their names.

Activities: The dino dig was the big hit. Sand from home depot, plastic swimming pool...they dug for rawhide dog bones (I kept them in the plastic wrap so they wouldnt stink), dinosaur eggs, and candy. I had them use paint brushes to dig so it wouldnt get too messy.


I blew this picture up off the internet and printed in on 6 sheets of paper. It saved about $25! The other activites were a dino puzzle, and dino toss.


Food: This was a fun! I made jello jigglers in circle shapes for a lake, mashed potatoe mountains, broccoli trees and dino nuggets!

The Cake: Yes, it did take about 4 hours...but it was worth it. I got this idea from coolest-birthdaycakes.com. First I dyed the fondant blue and Rob cut it out into spikes, toenails, eyes & nose. Then we made 2 round cakes and a rectangle cake and cut out the pieces.

Next, we did a layer of frosting over the whole thing then I spent about 2 hours piping scaly stars all over the whole cake!

He loved it! That is the best part!



Favors: Pretty much all from oriental trading co. dinosaur grabbers, dino stickers, their own set of pvc dinosaurs, dino fruit snacks and a large dino egg filled with candy!

This was SO much fun. We had 12 kids, I reccommend 1 adult per every 3 kids with this kind of party!



2 comments:

Andrea said...

Sooooo so cute! I love that you thought of every detail!

{owens} said...

Wow, I found your blog through Katie Wood...I'm just a friend of hers, but wow...that was the cutest party I've ever seen. Great job. Your kids are lucky to have you for a mommy.