2.12.2011

White Chocolate Popcorn




We tried something new for Teachers' Valentine Presents this year. I had never made white chocolate popcorn before, and thought I'd give it a whirl! So easy...I suggest you try it soon.

You will need:

2 bags white choc. chips
2 large bags of m&m's (I did 1 peanut & 1 plain)
15 cups of popcorn (that is about 2.5 bags...low fat, buttered)
LARGE bowl

After popping popcorn, shake the bag so the seeds go to the bottom...then scoop the popcorn from the top. Melt the chocolate chips, then pour over popcorn in bowl. If you want, you can alternate pouring popcorn then chocolate in bowl to make it easier to mix. (some of the popcorn will crunch as you do this...I dont see a way around it) Add m&m's and stir. Spread popcorn mix out on parchment paper (on cookie sheets) and wait for it to set. Break it up and put it in a bag. (You can be creative with what you add to it...cranberries, raisins, nuts...I love the m&m's because of the cute colors)

VOILA!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I bet the teachers go crazy over this popcorn. You're so sweet to give them such a great gift for Valentine's Day. I'm sure they're going to be begging you for the recipe. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your popcorn up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/02/sweets-for-saturday-4.html

Miranda said...

I wish I had seen this an hour ago! We just decided to do caramel chocolate Popcorn for milo's nursery leaders for tomorrow, and I would have for sure gotten some cute m&ms to go in it! Next time. Yours is darling!