My favorite little SL bakery is Normandy Cafe. One of the yummiest things there are these cheesy breadsticks.
I was flipping through "Barefoot in Paris" (Ina Garten) and found a recipe that is SO easy and SO yummy.
So, here it is...puff pastry, my best friend, and cheese!
2 sheets puff pastry
1 egg (beaten with a tablespoon of water)
1 cup grated gruyere cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon minced thyme leaves
1 teaspoon kosher salt
preheat oven to 375
1. roll out your pastry to 10X12
2. brush with egg mixture
3. sprinkle cheeses, thyme, s & p
4. use pizza cutter to cut into 12 strips
5. twist strips onto parchment lined pan
6. bake 10-15 minutes until brown (turn and bake 2 more minutes...I didnt, but it says to)
WA LA!!! Yummy with salad or actually with anything at all!
*You can make these and spread basil, or tapenade, or tomatoe sauce on them instead of cheese mixture.